This article will show you how to connect your Newbook account to BookOutdoors so that availability, rates and reservations are synced in real-time.
- Start by contacting Newbook support via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and request the BookOutdoors connection and an Instance Token. The Instance Token is the "key" we need to connect your Newbook account to BookOutdoors. It will be something like "US-1234". Save this until the last step.
- Next, sign in to your Newbook account.
- In the Newbook navigation menu, select Administration > Newbook Administration > 3rd Party Booking Channels, or search for "3rd Party Booking Channels" in the menu search.
- On the 3rd Party Booking Channels page, search for "bookoutdoors", and select the "BookOutdoors" option in the search results to open the Channel Settings & Mapping page.
- Configure the Incoming Booking Details settings
- Channel Name: The Channel Name will appear by default, however, you are welcome to change this if you would like it to appear differently.
- Travel Agent: Lets you pre-set where the accommodation charges are directed based on the Travel Agent setup. Once a booking is sent from BookOutdoors into Newbook, it will abide by the rules set by the Travel Agent. If you have an existing "BookOutdoors" Travel Agent for this channel, use this field to search your existing Travel Agent. Otherwise, to create a new Travel Agent, click the ‘+’ button.
- Booking Source: Enables you to report on bookings received from BookOutdoors. If you have an existing "BookOutdoors" Booking Source for this channel, use this field to search your existing Travel Agent. Otherwise, to create a new Booking Source, click on the ‘+’ button.
- Rate Multiplier: BookOutdoors requires parity with your direct booking rates, so you will need to enter 1.00 here.
- Receives Minimum Stay Duration: This setting confirms whether or not BookOutdoors receives the minimum nights stay information. This should be set to "Yes".
Email Booking Notification: This setting allows you to choose whether or not you would like to receive a Newbook Booking Notification.
Please Note: Error emails will always be sent – this setting does not affect your error emails.
- Default Booking Status: When a booking is sent from BookOutdoors into Newbook, the booking will use the Booking Status selected here. We recommend setting this to "Confirmed".
Status: This will be set to ‘Disabled’ initially. To ‘turn on’ your 3rd Party connection, select Enabled (2-Way). This will allow Newbook to send BookOutdoors availability and rates, and BookOutdoors to send bookings to Newbook.
- Finally, choose the Rate you want to use in BookOutdoors for each Room Type by clicking the Mapped checkbox. Keep in mind that BookOutdoors requires you to use the same (or lower) rates that guests get when booking direct.
- Once you're all done with this, email us at email@example.com and provide the Instance Token you received from Newbook in Step 1.